Call for Course Proposals and Papers
You are now able to submit proposals for ABSA’s 62nd Annual Biosafety and Biosecurity Conference. The conference will take place November 15-20, 2019 in Birmingham, Alabama. We anticipate having 650 attendees and 90 commercial exhibits. The professional development courses will take place Friday, November 15 to Sunday, November 17. The conference presentations (platform/poster) will take place Monday, November 18 to Wednesday, November 20.
- The Call for Professional Development Course Proposals submission deadline is March 8, 2019 at 12 (Noon) pm CST.
- The Call for Platform/Posters Abstract submission deadline is April 1, 2019 at 12 (Noon) pm CDT.
Submission Guidelines and Review Process
- All sections to the submission site will need to be completed as requested
- Be sure to carefully read the disclosure, audio/taping, and ABSA Website Posting policies
How to submit A SUBMISSION
For previous users: you will use your login information from the previous year. For new users only: you will need to create an account on the OASIS system where is reads, please select “Click here to create a new user account”. You will be prompted to enter your contact information, and to select a new login and password for use with the abstract submission system.
Please note: if you forget your password, you will need to click the link “Click here if you have forgotten your password” on the OASIS login page. The ABSA office will not be able to retrieve this information for you.
- Follow the instructions as requested by the program and complete all submission steps
- To complete each step, make sure that you have entered information into all of the required fields and click the “Continue” button to save your work
- When you have completed your work, click on the “review my work” link to verify that your submission is complete and appears the way you want to submit it
- If requested, the Oasis Abstract System will send you a confirmation email once your submission is complete
- ABSA has identified the following subject areas of interest for the biosafety professional. Please consider these subject areas when completing your submission.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Human Source Materials mammalian Cell Lines
Occupational Health/Medical Surveillance/PE
Each of the submissions will be reviewed by ABSA International’s Preconference Course Committee for professional development courses and the Scientific Program Committee for the Platform/Poster Abstract Submissions. Notifications of acceptance will be made approximately 6-8 weeks following the deadline for submission.
If you have any questions regarding your submission, please contact the ABSA Office at 866-425-1385 or email@example.com.